The Rest of God
Rest in God means many things. It does not mean a natural holiday, such as what we in the USA are celebrating today – Labor Day.
Every first Monday in September for the last 125 years has been set aside in the USA as a “national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country”.
Everyone needs a physical holiday to rest, but Rest in God for the believer is far more significant!
“There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His” (Heb. 4:9-10).
· The believer’s Rest in God means a glorious salvation from the slavery and bondage of this world. (Isaiah 14:3)
· The believer’s Rest in God means having a free conscience after we have repented from our sins and transgressions.
· The believer’s Rest in God means rest after their conquest over the temptations of this world.
· The believer’s Rest in God comes from overcoming a crisis, conflict or chaos of this world.
· The believer’s Rest in God comes from the confidence and faith that there shall be another day far greater than this day! That is the day when all our bondages and enslavements of our flesh our permanently set free and totally conquered forever in Christ, and we will dwell with Him in his eternal heavenly rest!
The Rest of God is really a matter of life and death – either eternal hell fire or eternal heavenly rest with Christ! That day will bring us to perfect peace and the prize of eternal life!
Revelation 14:13, “Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”
My prayer for you today is to REST in GOD.
© 2019 John P. Kelly